Saturday, July 09, 2005

Good News and Bad News

Good News!

I passed the Heraldo Filipino panel interview! But I was designated to the News Section which I did not originally applied for (Features and Literary were the ones I applied to) Still I think the editorial board made the right decision since based from the answers I have given on the interview I did poor on questions pertaining to subjects about Features and Literary. Well I believe i faired well when they asked me about news like the GloriaGate Scandal, E VAT, jeepney discounts etc. There were 6 applicants including myself and only one did not qualify. I felt bad about him and imagined myself what if that happened to me? Good thing I did not experience that since it will definitely crushed me. We, the newbies, will be called The Apprentices which means we will not be in the staff box yet and be subjected to deep observation. We have to do our best for us to be promoted. It will a great challenge since I have no clue on how campus journalism works I will just depend on my instincts and of course will ask around. It's a good thing there is also a senior staff of the news department that shifted to Broadcast Journalism and became a part of our block ( in short, my new classmate) at least there is someone I could ask to. What a night it was, It's actually the first time I came home at night (7:30pm). I don't really like staying out late but last night I waited for the results We have to wait for all applicants to finish the interview before we could know the results and since there were six of us and I was second to be interviewed I waited for about an hour but it was worth it. They (the HF staff)actually offered us to eat after we find out the results but I declined since I have to go home already. But the gesture was nice and I really felt that they are welcoming us with open arms. We actually need to complete a duty of 250 hours at the HF office given that I will now have lesser time to hang around at ERS (the internet laboratory of our library). I will start my duty on Tuesday since I have to fix some things up with my other organization Friends of the Library which now brings me to the....

Bad News!

I have to resign as Vice President of Friends of the Library. The editor in chief told me that one of HF's policy that its staff are prohibited to be officers of school organizations. They asked me if I was willing to give it up, as much that it hurts me to say it, I said "yes". I love FL, it was my first and only organization I joined in during my freshman year but I have to follow what i want., which is to write. For years I have been dreaming to be a campus writer, In highschool there was no opportunity and that made me want it more. In my first year I was too scared to try. Now I already made the first step and I don't want it too pass by. I told this to CMC, the president and Mam Rhoda, our adviser although it made them sad they accepted it. I was really guilty since I feel I abandoned FL. I said that I will still help them even though I will be just a regular member. Tomorrow is our General Assembly CMC asked me that I should still be the VP tomorrow so that there will be no confusement with our new members, I will just pass my resignation on Monday. I'm sad about this but I have to thank FL because they understand me that I just want to pursue my dream
.

7 comments:

girlnextdoor said...

Congratulations, Jec!!! The first time you told me, that you applied sa HF..I knew you could make it..! You're a good writer, don't you know that huh?..If you don't..Well, you should! Believe me...YOU ARE A GOOD WRITER!congratulations talaga! Keep up the good work...

franz said...

ey fellow lasallian!! :) just dropping by... congrats on ur new post :)

THE IMPERIOUS DORK said...

Gratulorem quod exspectatem!!!

Nyahahaha... I have at last a classmate who's also an HF peep.. and we're of the same section!!! Birds of the same feater, ika nga... nyayhaya...

Anyway, see u at the office sometime!!! :P

Anonymous said...

huhu... JEc.. baket mo kami iniwan....

Anonymous said...

-CMC/mikki nga pala to

forg/jecoup said...

hindi naman ako aalis sa org pero hindi na ako pwedeng mag officer

Anonymous said...

aw~ jec.. congrats for passing hf.. we're porud of u in FL but at the same time, we're sad.. god bless.. tc!
kitakits..