Friday, July 18, 2008

2008 Primetime Emmy Awards: Early Bets

The nominees for the 60th Primetime Emmy were released yesterday and as a big TV fan this is one of my much awaited events. I was so happy that my favorite new show, Pushing Daisies got 12 nominations! Of course, as every year, there are notable snubs but I guess that's a staple already. I have my own rants over some of my favorites not getting a nomination (How I Met Your Mother and Survivor). Anyway here are the nominees for the major categories, my bets are in bold. Disclaimer though, I am in no authority to tell which show is better since I'm bias over the shows I regularly watch haha and some of the shows here (e.g Mad Men, Damages) I haven't watch a single episode yet but I will find a way to watch them :D

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES
30 ROCK
CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM
ENTOURAGE
THE OFFICE
TWO AND A HALF MEN

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
BOSTON LEGAL
DAMAGES
DEXTER
HOUSE
LOST
MAD MEN

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA
James Spader [BOSTON LEGAL]
Bryan Cranston [BREAKING BAD]
Michael C. Hall [DEXTER]* second choice
Hugh Laurie [HOUSE]

Gabriel Byrne [IN TREATMENT]
John Hamm [MAD MEN]

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Sally Field [BROTHERS & SISTERS]
Glenn Close [DAMAGES]
Mariska Hargitay [LAW & ORDER SVU]
Holly Hunter [SAVING GRACE]
Kyra Sedgwick [THE CLOSER]

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Alec Baldwin [30 ROCK]
Tony Shalhoub [MONK]
Lee Pace [PUSHING DAISIES]
Steve Carell [THE OFFICE]
Charlie Sheen [TWO AND A HALF MEN]

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Tina Fey [30 ROCK]
Christina Applegate [SAMANTHA WHO?]
Julia Louis-Dreyfus […OLD CHRISTINE]
America Ferrera [UGLY BETTY]
Mary-Louise Parker [WEEDS]

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Jeremy Piven [ENTOURAGE]
Kevin Dillon [ENTOURAGE]
Neil Patrick Harris [HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER]
Rainn Wilson [THE OFFICE]
Jon Cryer [TWO AND A HALF MEN]

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
William Shatner [BOSTON LEGAL]
Ted Danson [DAMAGES]
Zeljko Ivanek [DAMAGES]
Michael Emerson [LOST]
John Slattery [MAD MEN]

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Kristin Chenoweth [PUSHING DAISIES]
Jean Smart [SAMANTHA WHO?]
Amy Poehler [SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE]
Holland Taylor [TWO AND A HALF MEN]
Vanessa Williams [UGLY BETTY]

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Candice Bergen [BOSTON LEGAL]
Rachel Griffiths [BROTHERS & SISTERS]
Chandra Wilson [GREY’S ANATOMY]
Sandra Oh [GREY’S ANATOMY]
Dianne Wiest [IN TREATMENT]

OUTSTANDING REALITY COMPETITION TV PROGRAM
AMERICAN IDOL
DANCING WITH THE STARS
PROJECT RUNWAY
THE AMAZING RACE
TOP CHEF

OUTSTANDING HOST FOR REALITY-COMPETITION PROGRAM

Tom Bergeron [DANCING WITH THE STARS]
Heidi Klum [PROJECT RUNWAY]
Howie Mandel [DEAL OR NO DEAL]
Jeff Probst [SURVIVOR]
Ryan Seacrest [AMERICAN IDOL]

No comments: