Friday, February 06, 2009

Sink In, Sink Deeper

The other day I was listening to a radio show and the DJs asked their student DJ when she was born and when she said 1991, they were shocked! One of the DJs remarked that he was already a DJ when she was born. And well hindi lang naman sila yung na shock pati ako haha. Parang nag sink in sa akin that I am really growing old na rin.Maybe I was just so used to (and enjoy) being young that's why I felt "strange" knowing that the younger kids when I was child are growing up na! I know 21 is still young but I guess I just realized that my young, "innocent" years are done. No longer a kid, no longer a teen, no longer a minor. The phase is over.
Technically (for lack of better word), I'm an adult.
Adult...*sinking it in*....
After I graduated last year, I did realize naman that everything will change from thereon and I was very conscious on my decisions and plans for the future but I guess I did not expect that eventually I will feel, well, sad that I'm no longer a "kid", that there are no more excuses when you do "immature, childish" acts. That you could no longer be the same, dependent person you are. That you must step up. And what is up stake right now is bigger.
I now understand why some people are so paranoid about ageing. I don't want to be that kind of person. I don't want to be scared of growing old. Because let's face it, ignoring it wont make it less true so just deal with it.

No comments: