Thursday, September 02, 2010

Midweek Musings 6

*Today is the third death anniversary of my maternal grandmother Mama Iyang. I still miss her and ever since she did I really don't feel like going on vacation in Bohol anymore as she is no longer there. I miss how she waits for us in the door of her house on the day of our arrival, how she cooks wonderful adobo, how even though she could not speak Tagalog fluently she still tries so that she could speak to us her grandchildren. I miss her voice, her hugs. I still feel sad that she did not even see the birth of my nephew, her very first great grand child. I really miss you so much Mama Iyang. Please guide us from up there. :)

*I'm back at work this week after one week of sick leave. And there were some changes in the office, literally speaking, as there were re-arrangements in the workplaces/desks good thing though my work space is unchanged because I love my spot in the office.

* I'm excited for the upcoming fall TV season in the US. I miss my favorite shows (mostly sitcoms) and can't wait to check out the new shows as well. I will do a post of my anticipated shows sometime next week, so watch out for it.

* I will turn 23 this week. I don't know what to feel haha. Well, it's bittersweet because I'm happy because celebrating your birthday is always a blessing (you are still alive for crying out loud! haha) but I can't help but feel anxious about growing old (no offense to people older than me okay :D ) or let's say growing up. I just feel the pressure because I'm not a teenager anymore, there are no more excuses for messing things up. I have to be mature and more responsibilities. And I'm at a point in my life where I'm already contemplating where do I go from here? How do I see myself in five years? ten years? It's nerve wracking.

No comments: